This is a women-centered, radical feminist oriented circle to discuss gender from a critical, feminist perspective.
This circle is especially for discussions about gender and transgender ideology/politics. Please use /o/WomensLiberation is for discussions about other feminist topics. /o/Activism is for calls to action, including petitions and fundraisers, and /o/FeministEvents is for posting events.
This circle is focused on articles, news articles, and original text-based discussion posts.
Please do not directly link to misogynistic content to start discussions about it. This includes people saying wacky things on social media sites as well as articles that are misogynistic.
Most images and videos belong in other circles, as do examples of individual trans activists doing off-the-wall things, as do some news subjects and many personal posts that aren't political:
- /o/FeministVideos - for feminist video posts
- /o/Radfemmery - memes and jokes
- /o/TransLogic - misogynistic and illogical things trans activists say and do
- /o/TerfIsASlur - examples of TERF being used as a slur
- /o/ItsAFetish - examples of fetishism in the trans community
- /o/ThisNeverHappens - news articles about violent trans-identified males
- /o/NameTheProblem - news articles about all male violence
- /o/Women - for women to post about anything, including rants, raves, personal stories and advice posts
For discussion about Ovarit, check the meta circles:
- /o/Ovarit - meta discussions about Ovarit that don't belong elsewhere
- /o/Announcements - announcements from admins
- /o/Suggestions - feature requests and other suggestions
- /o/Circles - where new circles are born
- /o/Bugs - report a bug in the site
Advertisements for Discord chat rooms or other private groups must be pre-approved by /o/GenderCritical moderators before you post. Please report any ads for private groups that do not have a comment from a mod confirming that it is approved. Never give anyone sensitive information that could be used to de-anonymize you without first vetting them yourself. Be careful!
Gender Critical Feminism
Feminism is the movement to liberate women from patriarchy. We stand up for the rights of women to control our own bodies as individuals and to control women-only spaces as a class.
Women are adult human females. We do not believe that men can become women by 'feeling' like women or 'identifying' as women. We condemn the erasure of females and female-only spaces, the silencing of critical thinking, the cancelling of feminists and critics, the denial of biological reality and of sex-based oppression. We oppose the 'cotton ceiling' and the pressure on lesbians to have sex with men. Women are oppressed to exploit their biological sex characteristics, and women have a right to a movement that is about their own liberation from that oppression. We resist the redefinition of both "women" and "feminism" to make them serve men.