If the transgender movement had drawn clear lines in the sand, that they were not willing to cross:
- no one is forced to use certain pronouns for transgendered people
- the words men and women clearly assigned based on sex
- no medicalisation whatsoever of minors
- protection of women only spaces/categories (shelters, changing rooms, sports, prisons,...)
- no changing of sex on legal documents
- chosing medical transition as a last resort
- accepting that hetero/homosexuality are clearly linked to sex and not gender (while of course sexual attraction based on gender expression would not be discriminated against either)
While at the same time they would be very actively promoting acceptance of transgender identity in society. Working for protections of trans people, representation of trans people, mental health support, ...
Where would you be on the trans issue then?
I personally would definitely be an active supporter. Particularly because I would see it as a movement that is helpful in weakening gender restrictions, which I would love.