This is a women-centered, radical feminism oriented circle to discuss gender from a critical, feminist perspective.
This circle is especially for discussions about gender and transgender ideology/politics. Please use /o/WomensLiberation is for discussions about other feminist topics. /o/Activism is for calls to action, including petitions and fundraisers.
This circle is focused on articles, news articles, and discussion posts.
Most images belong in other circles, as do examples of individual trans activists doing off-the-wall things:
- /o/Radfemmery - memes and jokes
- /o/TransLogic - misogynistic and illogical things trans activists say and do
- /o/TerfIsASlur - examples of TERF being used as a slur
- /o/ItsAFetish - examples of fetishism in the trans community
- /o/ThisNeverHappens - news articles about violent trans-identified males
- /o/NameTheProblem - news articles about all male violence
For discussion about Ovarit, check the meta circles:
- /o/Ovarit - meta discussions about Ovarit that don't belong elsewhere
- /o/Announcements - announcements from admins
- /o/Suggestions - feature requests and other suggestions
- /o/Circles - where new circles are born
- /o/Bugs - report a bug in the site
Gender Critical Feminism
Feminism is the movement to liberate women from patriarchy. We stand up for the rights of women to control our own bodies as individuals and to control women-only spaces as a class.
Women are adult human females. We do not believe that men can become women by 'feeling' like women or 'identifying' as women. We condemn the erasure of females and female-only spaces, the silencing of critical thinking, the cancelling of feminists and critics, the denial of biological reality and of sex-based oppression. We oppose the 'cotton ceiling' and the pressure on lesbians to have sex with men. Women are oppressed to exploit their biological sex characteristics, and women have a right to a movement that is about their own liberation from that oppression. We resist the redefinition of both "women" and "feminism" to make them serve men.
"Women do not decide at some point in adulthood that they would like other people to understand them to be women, because being a woman is not an ‘identity.’ Women’s experience does not resemble that of men who adopt the ‘gender identity’ of being female or being women in any respect. The idea of ‘gender identity’ disappears biology and all the experiences that those with female biology have of being reared in a caste system based on sex." –Sheila Jeffreys, Gender Hurts