It's a little bit late for International Women's Day, but it slipped my mind that I'd planned to replace this post then. But I guess it's always International Women's Day at Ovarit!
We've all got a Peak Trans story, but this thread is more of a 'Peak Patriarchy' - a place to share your journey into feminism.
I'm particularly interested in answers to questions like:
- What drew you towards feminism?
- What have been your experiences the feminist movement?
- How did you first encounter feminist thought? Books or blogs, youtubers or conversatisions with feminst friends?
- Has your feminism changed over your life? For instance, were you a liberal feminist who radicalised?
- What changes has becoming a feminist made to your life, your perspectives, your activism, your relationships, etc?
- What are your priorities as a feminist?
(This is not a questionnaire or a test - these are just prompts to get you thinking.)
Looking forward to reading everyone's responses!