This is a women-centered, radical feminist oriented circle to discuss feminism and related topics.
This circle is focused on articles, news articles, and discussion posts.
Most images belong in other circles, as do most articles about male violence, as do many personal posts or rants/raves:
- /o/Radfemmery - memes and jokes
- /o/NameTheProblem - news articles about all male violence
- /o/Women - for women to post about anything, including rants, raves, personal stories and advice posts
For discussion about Ovarit, check the meta circles:
- /o/Ovarit - meta discussions about Ovarit that don't belong elsewhere
- /o/Announcements - announcements from admins
- /o/Suggestions - feature requests and other suggestions
- /o/Circles - where new circles are born
- /o/Bugs - report a bug in the site
Feminism is the movement to liberate women from patriarchy.
We stand up for the rights of women as a sex-class. Women have a right to bodily autonomy and to set their own boundaries and have them respected. We resist efforts to limit women's reproductive autonomy. We condemn the men who exploit and abuse women in prostitution and pornography. We oppose all harms and forms of exploitation of women and girls, regardless of whether or not they're sold as "choice" or reframed as "empowering." We oppose the movement to redefine "women" in a way that erases the realties of our lives and makes organizing for our liberation as a sex-class impossible.